Organizational Name Change

If an organization in the United States has had a change in legal name, they should be asked to providesome legal proof of this (name change record with the IRS, state, or other governmental authorities). ForU.S. public charities, it is preferable to receive proof of name change with the IRS, but it is acceptable tochange the name in Foundation Connect based on proof of name change with U.S. state-levelauthorities. Name changes of non-legal entities (like a university institute or school) can be made byverifying by with staff of the entity (preferably senior staff). Generally no proof of name change is askedof non-U.S. organizations.


Add your comment

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.